Stars and representation

Celebrities! Everyone dreams of becoming one at one point in their life. For me, you either love them or you hate them. Many celebs go through changes in their life, either within their job role (actor/musician) or personally for a better home life. they can work out for the best or send them into a slippery slope of despair.


Oliver Sykes

Oliver Scott "Oli" Sykes is an English musician, best known as the lead vocalist of rock band Bring Me the Horizon. He also founded the apparel company Drop Dead Clothing. 
Sykes has gone through both personal and musical changes and has even created his own clothing brand 'Drop Dead'. Sykes has also changed the style of his voice from his previous albums like 'Count Your Blessings' (2006) and 'Suicide Season' (2008) where he was a much heavier vocalist with more of a deathcore vibe, to the bands latest album 'That's the Spirit' where they have seemed to be more in favour of more alternative and indie-inspired pop rock direction.

Personal changes:
Sykes became a vegetarian in 2003 after watching a documentary about animal cruelty online, he went on to become one of the faces for PETA. He later became a vegan in 2013.After receiving the Album of the Year award at the first Alternative Press Music Awards in 2014 (Sempiternal)(2013), Sykes revealed a history of addiction and abuse of the drug Ketamine. Addressing the crowd, he said "My band wanted to kill me, my parents wanted to kill me, my f*cking brother wanted to kill me," and also admitted, "I went to rehab for a month, and you guys were sending me texts and e-mails. When I got out of that rehab, I didn't want to scream anymore, I wanted to sing from the f*cking rooftops."
Sykes made this bold decision to address his fans about his addiction and broke away from the stereotypical 'rocker' view in the eyes of the public.
This has also lead Oliver to become more of a role model as he can now be seen a a responsible hard working adult. 
Either way the band has shown great dedication to their following and continue to increase their fandom with the great music they produce.  
2008


2011
2015